essions With Eliza Dushku, Sean Astin, Adam West & Burt Ward, Ralph Macchio, Top Creators, St. Louis 'Weatherbird,' Comics History, Speed Dating, Film Festival, Video Game Discussions Among Dozens Of Panels At America's Center Friday Through Sunday
ST. LOUIS, April 2, 2014 – Question-and-answer sessions featuring stars of “Firefly” and SerenityNathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin andAlan Tudyk, individual discussions with “Doctor Who” headliners Matt Smith and Karen Gillan and panels featuring William Shatner (“Star Trek,” “T.J. Hooker”),Bruce Campbell (“Burn Notice,” Evil Dead), Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings, Rudy) and other celebrities top the robust programming schedule at Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, Friday through Sunday at America's Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some of the highlights of the schedule include:
- Interactive Q&A sessions with the “Firefly”/Serenity stars (Sunday, 3 p.m.), Smith (Sat., 1:45 p.m.), Gillan (Sun., 2 p.m.), Shatner (Sat., 3:45 p.m.), Campbell (Sat., 5:45 p.m.), Astin (Sat., 12:45 p.m.), the “Batman” duo of Adam West and Burt Ward (Sat., 2:45 p.m.), “Karate Kid” Ralph Macchio (Sat., 1:15 p.m.), “Buffy” star Eliza Dushku (Sat., noon) and other celebrities
- Informative discussions with noted comics creators Cullen Bunn, Jai Nitz, Kevin Huizenga and Danny Fingeroth (Sat., 2:30 p.m.), Rob Prior (Sat., 11:30 a.m.), Jeff Balke (Sun., 11:30 a.m.), Salvador Larroca, Greg Capullo and Huizenga (Sat., 4:30 p.m.) and more
- Batman-themed sessions, including “Bill Finger at 100: Who Really Created Batman?” (Sat., 12:30 p.m.) featuring Bill's only heir, Athena Finger, and “Batman at 75,” (Sat., 1:30 p.m.), a discussion on the Caped Crusader led by Fingeroth, Capullo, Finger and Dr. Travis Langley
- Dan Martin, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, on the history of the newspaper's iconic, front-page “Weatherbird” (Sat., 1:30 pm.)
- Video Game discussions led by industry giants Genese Davis, Seth Coster, Eric Kieron, Jen Patton and others on the Future of Video Games (Fri., 6:30 p.m.) and What Video Games Can Teach (Sat., 4 p.m.)
- Evening parties on Friday (“Wizard World Creator Pro Am: Drink & Draw,” 8:30 p.m.) and Saturday (“Wizard World Official After Party,” 8:30 p.m.)
- Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7:15 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.)
- “The Super Secret History of St. Louis Comics,” a tour of how the city became 'Comics' Second City' (Friday, 4:30 p.m.)
- Sci-Fi Speed Dating (Fri., 4 p.m.; Sat., 1 p.m., 4 p.m..; Sun., 1 p.m.), two hour sessions
- Wizard World Comic Con Film Festival, featuring selected shorts and music videos (Fri., Sat.)
- Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Sat., 11 a.m.; Sun., 11:30 a.m.) (paid events)
- Kids Day (Sunday), with an array of kids and family activities designed just for the younger set, highlighted by the Green Ranger Power Hour with Frank (1:30 p.m.)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at America's Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con programming is available at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-stlouis.html (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World St. Louis is the fifth of 16 events currently scheduled in the 2014 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known comics artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions. For more on the event, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-stlouis.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at http://www.wizardworld.com.